Wora - Critical Reflection

 

Personal Critical Reflection for Effective Communications MEC1281- After 13 weeks of the course, I felt that I have managed to complete my goals of being able to speak confidently in front of a crowd that I am not familiar with as well as being able to write emails, letters and reports properly. In the beginning of the course, I had some trouble with speaking up in front of the class and often stutter a lot. However, I have improved over the 13 weeks and am now able to speak properly in front of my classmates. Without Professor Blackstone’s help by giving me the opportunities to practice speaking in front of my classmates during class (e.g., reading texts out loud during class), I would not have been able to improve. I have also brushed up on my writing and have improved a lot when it comes to writing a report and summary. Before the course, my report and essay writing are mediocre and are often filled with too much information. After going through the classes, I feel that my reports have improved, and I now know what to put in the appendix and main report. I feel that to further improve on my communications skills, I need to build more confidence in myself and speak up more often.

Being in Smart Chope and working with Alex and Wei Yan, I had lots of fun working with them as a team and learnt many different things from each other. Us working together to make our project a success helped us bond not only as teammates but also as good friends. During my time with the team, I have learnt to give constructive feedback to each other and take those feedback into consideration to improve on the project. Although there were different ideas on how to improve on our projects, we still managed to incorporate some of the ideas and helped to improve on the project. This helped Smart Chope push forward as a constantly evolving system that improves over time. My time with the team helped me learn about what it means to be a good team player and understand how to work better as a team as well as the importance of working as a team. The project gave me an experience of writing a professional report with the help of Professor Blackstone and my classmates by giving constructive feedback on how to improve on the report and make it even better. Without their feedback, my group would not have noticed some parts that we might have done wrong (e.g., points not being parallel).

I would like to thank Alex and Wei Yan for being the best teammates for Smart Chope and I hope that we will have the opportunity to work together again in the future. I would also like to thank Professor Blackstone for teaching me how to be confident in presenting project and speaking in front of a large group.

Best Regards,

Woravuth Chong

MEC1281-T67

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1: Formal Letter

summary and analysis Draft 1