Assignment 1: Formal Letter

 Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Woravuth Chong, a student from class T6 of effective communications, MEC 1281. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in mechatronics and robotics in 2018. 

While studying at the polytechnic, I managed to gain a lot of interest in developing my skills as a mechatronics engineer. In the final year of my studies in the polytechnic, I had an internship module and the company that I had interned in made me realize how much I love to build and create mechanisms. During my time as an intern, I made a small automated guided vehicle which made me really satisfied with the end product. My experience during my polytechnic years made me want to further pursue my career in mechatronics engineering. I am currently enrolled in the Singapore Institute of Technology, as a student in mechanical engineering. 

Being an introvert, I usually take a while before I am able to freely converse with my classmates. This weakness makes me unable to properly present what I am supposed to and also makes me nervous and stutter from time to time. One of my strengths is that I tend to listen to the opinions of others and learn from mistakes and will ask questions if I have trouble understanding. 

My goals for this module are to be able to speak confidently in front of the class as well as to be able to improve on my ability to write proper letters and emails. 

I would like to thank you for taking your time to read my introduction email. 


Sincerely, 

Woravuth Chong

MEC 1281 T6


Commented on Nas's, Jin Yao's Profile

Updated on 9/4/2021

Comments

  1. Good day Wora,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences that you have with everyone here on the blog. I will be giving some of my thought on your letter based on the "7 Cs".

    I believe you have written well for this letter. Your experiences were clear and concise makes with details and examples of your experience. It was filled complete details and the content requirement for the letter writing were fulfilled. I believe the letter is in the correct format. So a job well done to you. There are a few thing I may be lacking and I hope you could pardon me for that.

    Once again, wonderfully written letter and thank you for sharing your experience.

    Warmest regards,
    Nasrul Hazwan B Sumarno
    MEC1281 Group 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nasrul,

      Thank you for your comments on my letter!

      Sincerely,
      Woravuth Chong

      Delete
  2. Dear Wora,

    You cover the various assignment requirements and add fine concrete detail. The sharing about your interest in building mehanisms is especially telling in terms of how it allows us to see into your world and get to know something about you.

    I also like the detail in the section about perceived weakness, and you can rest assured knowing you will be having more opportunities for conversing with your classmates as well as for presenting as the term progresses.

    Your language fluency in this letter is quite good, but there are a few issues in punctuation to take note of:

    1. one issue with the overuse of caps
    -- see https://www.hartford.edu/about/offices-divisions/office-marketing-communication/resources/editorial-style-guide.aspx#

    2. sentence structure
    -- Being an introvert, it usually takes a while before I am able to freely converse with my classmates. > (dangling modifier: Who is the introvert? Not 'it'...) ?

    3. verb use
    -- My goals for this module is to be able... > (subject-verb agreement) ?

    I look forward to reading more of your writing and learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Brad,

      Thank you for your comments on my formal letter. I have understood what my mistakes were on my overusage of caps, verbuse as well as my sentence structire. Taking my mostakes into account, I will continue to improve on the letter.

      Sincerely,
      Woravuth Chong

      Delete
  3. Hi Wora,

    Thank you for sharing your self-introduction letter. Your letter is well-structured and organized. All points are clear and brief. There is a concrete and real life example elaborated on why you choose to pursue engineering. Overall, the tone of the letter is friendly and polite. There is no grammatical and punctuation errors so far.

    Yours sincerely,
    Tan Wei Jie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wei Jie,

      Thank you for your comments on my letter.

      Sincerely,
      Woravuth Chong

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

summary and analysis Draft 1